Qualification for Membership:
There are four categories of membership as per Irish Guards Association Rules & By Laws & The Midland Branch constitution.
1. Serving Members: All serving Officers, Warrant Officers, Non-Commissioned Officers and Guardsmen who have completed recruit training shall be considered members of the Association during their service.
(1) All former Irish Guards Officers.
(2) Officers and Soldiers of other Corps or Regiments who have formerly served in the Irish Guards and the Regimental Band.
(3) Discharged Soldiers, provided that they have completed their recruit training in the Regiment and have been awarded a character assessment of not less than “SATISFACTORY”.
3. Associated Members: Members of Associations of other Regiments of the Household Division. Associated Members may be charged a subscription at the discretion of the Branch Chairman.
4. Honorary Members: Ladies and Gentlemen who have not served in the Irish Guards, but have given outstanding service to the Regiment, and others as described in the By-Laws for the Branches. Subscription fees should be levied at the discretion of the Branch Chairman after consultation with the Branch Committee.
- The Headquarters Committee reserves the right to reconsider the membership accorded to all categories mentioned in paragraph 4 above.
- Discharged men or Reservists with a character assessment of less than “SATISFACTORY” may apply to join the Association provided that they can show that their conduct since leaving the Colours has been satisfactory. Applications should be made in writing to the Honorary Secretary for consideration by the Headquarters Committee who alone are empowered to elect or re-elect them.
- The Headquarters Committee reserves the right to expel any member or exclude any applicant from membership. The Secretary is to maintain a list of those barred from membership.
- Branch Committees shall be empowered, in cases of serious misconduct on the part of any member, temporarily to suspend that member from membership by a majority vote. If the Headquarters Committee confirms the suspension the member shall be expelled from the Association.